Norman Thomas High School - Class of 1978 - 35th Class Reunion
Saturday, July 27, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 11:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
A beautiful evening has been planned to commemorate and honor the 35 years since we've departed our beloved alma mater. We hope you plan to attend and join in the festivities!
The reunion will take place aboard the beautiful Hornblower Hybrid Yacht. This is New York's premiere eco-friendly on-the-water venue which offers luxury accomodations for our group with a enviable sound system and world-class food and service. There are indoor and outdoor decks with bars, glass-enclosed atrium with DJ and dancing.
Boarding will be at 7:30 pm, we will set sail at 8:00 pm.
The vessel is docked at Pier 40 on the west side of New York City (also known as West Side Highway). The website is: www.hornblower.com.
ALL WHITE AFFAIR, DRESS TO IMPRESS!
DIRECTIONS, TRANSPORTATION AND DRIVING INFORMATION:
Boarding and Yacht Location: Pier 40, 353 West Street, New York, NY 10014
DRIVING FROM THE NORTH I-95/GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE
- Take exit 1 and merge onto New York 9A South
- Go 9.5 miles and arrive at Pier 40 on the right
DRIVING FROM THE WEST, JUNCTION WITH 495/LINCOLN TUNNEL (N. JERSEY)
- After exiting the Lincoln Tunnel, take the exit toward Dyer Avenue
- Keep right, following signs for Interstate 495E/36 Street/Downtown/Madison Square Garden and merge onto Dyer Avenue
- Turn right onto W. 34th Street
- Turn left onto 12th Avenue
- Continue onto 11th Avenue
- Continue onto West Street, Pier 40 will be on the right
DRIVING FROM THE WEST, JUNCTION WITH I78/HOLLAND TUNNEL (S. JERSEY)
- After exiting the Holland Tunnel, take the exit toward Laight Street
- Take exit 1 toward New York 9A/West Street
- Merge onto Laight Street
- Turn right onto West Street
- Make a U-turn at W. Houston Street, Pier 40 will be on your right
FROM THE EAST/WILLIAMSBURG BRIDGE
- After exiting the Williamsburge Bridge, turn right onto Essex Street
- Turn Left onto E. Houston Street
- Turn left onto West Street, Pier 40 will be on your right
- Parking Lot available at Pier 40. Hudson River Park $35 per vehicle. Enter at W. Houston Street
- Take the No. 1 subway and get off at Houston Street. Walk north on Varick Street and make your first left onto W. Houston Street then turn right on West Street, Hudson River Park’s Pier 40 will be on your left.
- Take the M8 bus line towards West Street Crosstown; get off at West Street and Christopher Street. Walk west on Christopher Street, make a left on to West Street, Hudson River Park’s Pier 40 will be on your right.
- Take the M21 bus line towards SoHo Washington Street; get off at Washington Street and W. Houston street. Walk north on Washington and make your first left onto W. Houston Street then turn right onto West Street, the Hudson River Park’s Pier 40 will be on your left.
- Take PATH toward 33rd Street and get off at the Christopher Street stop. Walk west on Christopher Street, make a left on to West Street, the Hudson River Park’s Pier 40 will be on your right.
The Affinia Hotel (31st and 7th Ave.)
Ticket price includes dinner, "signature drink" (upon boarding), unlimited juice/soda and reunion souvenir. A cash bar will be available. Tickets are non-refundable.
The hosts would also like to extend a warm invitation to the classes of 1977 and 1979 to join us. A photographer will be on site to capture your special memories.